If you want a profitable and impactful business that allows you to create a massive legacy, you need to stop the scrappy DIY mentality, putting off making peace with money, being cheap with your marketing, and constantly selling something new.
These 4 mistakes are costing you thousands and are stifling your impact!
If you want a profitable and impactful business that allows you to create a massive legacy that reflects God’s goodness, you do not need to do everything on your own and hope something finally works!
I’m going to break down in this video the 4 big mistakes I see so many Christian women making in their businesses and give you 4 action steps you can do today, so you can make running your business easier and more profitable, and more impactful.
Tap the like button if you like practical action steps that you can implement immediately!
Scrappy DIY Mindset
The first is having that scrappy DIY mindset that got you started where you did everything in your business and you didn’t have much money.
You’ve worn all the hats, email marketing, web design, social media, creating sales pages, marketing, tracking analytics, outreach for speaking opportunities and designing to name a few.
No wonder you have so much stress and your mind feel splintered!
This shows up in a couple of different ways
- Not hiring help until you bring in xx dollars
- You’ve got to do it all – your business is your baby.
- Don’t have the time to train someone – doubt they will do it as well as you and worry that you’ll lose the money.
Other videos in this series:
Find someone on Fiverr to do a time-consuming task that you’ve been putting off because you don’t want to do it or haven’t had the time.
Get 10% off your first order on Fiverr with my partner link: http://www.fiverr.com/s2/8cbeb258ff
Example: I’m in the middle of transferring to a new platform and needed some items on my website to be copied and pasted. It’s something EASY to do, but it takes me away from marketing, so I hired it out.
Not Making Peace With Money a Priority
When you put off using Scripture to make peace with money and it’s not a priority to take care of, this will continue to show up no matter how much money you make or what marketing strategy you implement.
Your mindset that got you started won’t allow you to scale your business.
- Money blocks affect your marketing – you don’t put yourself out there, for fear of rejection or success.
- Money blocks affect your selling – feels rude to always be asking for money, fear of asking for the sale, undercharging, etc.
- Money blocks affect the transformation you bring to your clients – with all those doubts and fears swirling around in your head, you aren’t able to serve as many people or bring the kind of transformation your clients need from you.
- And these blocks affect so many other areas.
Stop and ask God to show you where one of these money blocks is coming from – what is the root of it and then find a Bible verse that will help you shift your money belief just a small percentage.
Not willing to invest in long term marketing for business growth
Most Christian female entrepreneurs don’t have a marketing budget. If they do anything at all it is with social media. Again this goes back to the Scrappy DIY mindset where you have to do everything yourself with the cheapest possible option.
This shows up with thoughts like
- Marketing is an expense not an investment – if you want to impact more people you need to be in front of more people.
- Afraid of losing money and not being successful – there is a potential for loss
- Don’t want to bother people – I know you care more about keeping relationships + feel like it’s rude to keep asking for money, but you’re not bothering them, you are serving them!
You need to realize that your clients have a problem they need solved and are praying desperately for a solution.
You provide that solution and when you share it with those who need it, they will be so grateful to work with you!
When I work with clients inside my Business Financial Abundance Plan, very few of them have any money set aside for marketing.
Marketing should be a sizable line item so you can get in front of more people.
There’s either the investment of time and or money, but if you want to scale quickly it needs to be both.
If you haven’t made peace with money using Scripture and have money blocks around marketing, this could be why you are
Choose a percentage of all the revenue that comes in, 10% is a good number to start with, though you should aim for 25-30% or more for your marketing budget.
Commit to funding your marketing so you can get in front of more people and help them solve their problems.
Don’t have a solid long-term sales strategy
Most likely you have a thrown-together, not repeatable, and definitely not scalable way to get sales coming in, but it’s nowhere close to having a solid strategy you can count on month after month.
- Constantly creating a new offer because when you put it out there, you aren’t getting desired results. Instead of practicing and perfecting mastery in one offer.
- Not creating a sustainable asset that can generate both immediate cash and ongoing revenue.
- Not being comfortable with selling – this ties in because you haven’t made using Scripture to peace with money a priority.
Email your list or promote on social just one service or product you sell for the next month. Find creative ways to serve your clients by selling and solving their problems.
Comment “I’m In” if you’re going to do these four simple action steps this week!
Now that you know 4 of the biggest mistakes to avoid if you want an impactful and profitable business that creates a massive legacy reflecting God’s generosity,
Don’t you want to become a successful, impactful, and prosperous businesswoman that honors God and benefits your entire community for generations to come, without all the doubts and fears that I’ve been hanging around for decades?
I learned 5 Essential Business Strategies from the Proverbs 31 woman that will teach you exactly how to become this type of godly, impactful, and prosperous business owner. Watch this video next!